Not only women, male skin also needs care. Not that the man who treats his skin looks like a woman, you know. Caring for the skin is important for all people to maintain their health. But the difference is, men usually prefer skin care in the most practical way than women who are more painstaking. You have to buy a product for best acne treatment for men.
Currently there are many men’s skin care products on the market. How do you know if the product is suitable for your needs? What skin care products do men need?
Before choosing the right skin care products, men also need to know what are the types of skin. Because, if it carelessly it will damage the skin. According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association there are several types of facial skin in men:
Sensitive skin – Sensitive skin is usually flammable or irritated after using normal skin products.
Dry skin – Its skin is easily peeled off, itchy or rough oily skin. Skin tends to be oily.
Combination skin – Some parts of the face are oily, and some are not.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association there are a number of recommended male skin care products:
- Moisturizers Men also need moisturizers to maintain the texture of their skin. Moisturizers work by trapping water on the skin which can help reduce fine lines and make skin look brighter. For best results, you should apply moisturizer to your face and body when your skin is still damp, such as after bathing, or after shaving. Also read: When to use skin moisturizers?
- Facial soap Men also need to wash their faces every day especially after exercising. Common bath soap generally contains hard ingredients that can dry facial skin. Therefore, you should use facial soap that matches your skin type. Use face washing soap 1-2 times per day. Also read: What are the differences between men’s and women’s face soap?
- Beard shaving and shaving cream Choose the right and comfortable razor for the face. Use a single-edged razor to protect the skin from irritation. With this type of shaver, we will also reduce the potential for ingrown hair, especially for those who have a curly beard. Replace the razor after using it for a maximum of 2 times, don’t use it too long to keep the razor clean. In addition, use a shaving cream that moisturizes the skin and prevents irritation. Shave towards hair growth. Also read: Mistakes Men Make When Shaving
- Facial Scrub A dermatologist from New York City’s Mount Sinai Hospital recommends men also use scrubs or exfoliating products. This product is used to help lift dead cells on the skin. This male skin care product should be used twice a week. Scrubs can also prevent beards or soft hair from growing in. But be careful not to use it too often, because it will make skin irritated.
- Sunscreen To prevent damage to skin cells due to sunlight that can cause wrinkles, black spots, and even skin cancer, before going out of the house use a sunscreen. Apply to the skin of the face, ears and neck. For the best protection, use sunscreen with board-spectrum, meaning that sunscreens can counteract the types of UV A and UV B rays from the sun. In addition, also use sunscreen products that are waterproof and have an SPF of at least 30. In addition to the sunscreen used, we can also protect the skin by wearing sunglasses and hats under the hot sun.